University Judiciary Alumni
Jenny Penny Oliver University Judiciary Recognition & Induction Ceremony
Each spring semester, University Judiciary hosts the Jenny Penney Oliver University Recognition and Induction Ceremony. This annual event is named for Jenny Penney Oliver, a long-time member of the University community and beloved advisor of University Judiciary. While we were not able to celebrate in person this year, we are excited to share with you our 2020 Virtual JPO video. Please take a moment to watch this video, where we recognize our seniors and new members, we present our annual awards, and we get to hear from a few special guests, including Dr. Jeanna Mastrodicasa, an alumna of University Judiciary, and Mr. Bill Bracewell, former director of the office of judicial programs. Thank you to everyone that participated in the video. Congratulations to our award winners! You are so deserving of recognition, and we appreciate all that you do for University Judiciary and the campus community.
Upcoming Alumni Engagement Opportunities
- Alumni Mentorship Program: The Alumni Mentorship Program began last year, for the 2019-2020 school year. Jack Eubanks, the new Executive Director, pioneered this program and was able to get 19 Alumni mentors to participate. This year, we have already garnered 33 alumni to participate. We are so excited by this near doubling of our alumni mentors. The general body members are super excited to get to know you all, and we appreciate your valuable experience.
- General Body Meeting Speaker: Our general body meetings are held biweekly throughout the school year, and we are looking for alumni to attend meetings and speak with us about their Judiciary experience, valuable lessons they learned by being in Judiciary, career advice, and more! For those alumni who may not be able to travel to Athens to participate in person, we are also offering alumni the opportunity to participate remotely using Zoom Video Conferencing.
- 2021 Alumni Panel: Our annual Alumni Panel event is an incredible opportunity for our current General Body Members to learn from alumni about the history of Judiciary, as well as how Judiciary can affect their future. Please stay tuned for more information about this wonderful event, as we would love to have alumni attend the event and alumni who can be panelists.
For more information about how to get involved in these alumni engagement opportunities, please contact Quinn Shelt at email@example.com.
Other Ways to Get Involved!
- Read our semesterly newsletter!
- Encourage any current UGA students that you know who are interested in getting involved with our prestigious organization to consider applying for UJ. Applications will be available on our “Members” page starting in August 2020.
- Donate to Our Legacy Endowment!
JPO Alumni Speakers
Click here to learn more about alumni who have been invited speakers at past JPO ceremonies.